Rainbow Network Victoria
The network for workers with same sex attracted and gender questioning young people
Who are we?
Find a youth group
Find a youth group
Writing Themselves In 3 Presentation
- Attached below is a presentation based on the Writing Themselves In 3 research report.
YSAS Community Residential Withdrawal program for SSAGQ young people.
- Established in 1998, YSAS is an accredited community service organisation providing a range of innovative and client-centred services to vulnerable...
Supporting LGBT Lives: A Study of Mental Health & Well-Being of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender People
- "Supporting LGBT Lives" is being hailed as the most significant research to come out of Ireland to date regarding the mental health and well-being of...
Department of Education and Early Childhood Development policy on same sex attracted employees
- In the following document, the DEECD has set a strong example in celebrating sexual diversity within the workplace. This anti-discrimination policy...
Who’s Carrying the Can? Services for young people in Victoria: What’s available and where are the gaps?
- Survey now open! Do you provide services to young people in Victoria? The Victorian Council of Social Service (VCOSS) and the Youth Affairs Council...
YGLAM launches YouTube Channel!!
- With thier new YouTube channel, you can follow YGLAM's inspiring work through a series short films. The latest series, quite beautifully, explores...
Beyond: ‘we treat everyone the same’
- From the introduction: In 2010-2011 Gay and Lesbian Health Victoria (GLHV) ran a program aimed at assisting health and human services organisations...
Round two of the HEY Grants is now open!
- Does your organisation work with, or have plans to work with, same sex attracted and /or sex/gender diverse (SSASGD) young people, aged 14-25 years...
Project Purple Video Launched
- Wear it Purple aims to empower sexuality and gender diverse (rainbow) young people to be happy in their own skin, confident in their identity and...
Rainbow Network Victoria - Professional Supervision 2013!!
- Professional Supervision: More than Just Line Management As youth workers, social workers, psychologists, teachers, and health-care providers, our...
OMG My Friend's Queer
Following on from the highly successful ‘OMG I’m Queer’ comes a brand new resource from Minus18 and Safe Schools Coalition ‘OMG My Friend’s Queer’....
Private Lives 2 has been launched!
The second national survey of the health and wellbeing of GLBT Australians was officially launched at ARCSHS on the 3rd of April! You can access...
School Experience for Children of Gay and Lesbian Parents - Family Matters - Journal Article
Research suggests that the children of gay and lesbian parents have similar psychological adjustment to children growing up in more traditional...
GLSEN publication: Talking About Suicide & LGBT Populations
Talking About Suicide & LGBT Populations provides detailed recommendations for more safely discussing suicide in public conversations and social...
'I'm really no different from you' - Stories and Insights from SSAY in Melbourne's West
ISIS Primary Care (Sunshine) has recently conducted research with same sex attracted (SSA) young people in the Western suburbs. 'I'm no different...
Is your youth service a safe and inclusive one? Read through the Rainbow Network checklist to find out..
It is important that all youth services are actively inclusive to SSA and GQ young people and openly supportive of sexual and gender diversity. Use...
Queer 101 Comic
A terrific, simple comic guide to gender, sex and sexuality from New Zealand's queer youth development initiative 'Curious'. Direct link below.
'Teaching Diversities: Same Sex-Attracted Young People, CALD communities and Arts based Community Education' Report
'Teaching Diversities' is a 2011 research report released by Victoria University in collaboration with the Centre for Multicultural Youth. The...
Gender Questioning booklet
Our 'Gender Questioning' or GQ booklet is aimed at people aged 16 to 25, but would suit older people, who are questioning their gender or feel like...
Pridentity Resource Kit
The Pridentity Resource Kit, the inclusive sexuality resource developed by Catherine Reidy from the regional health service Women’s Health in the...
Requests for research participants
Resources for teachers
same-sex attracted young people
Same sex attracted young people
Sexually transmitted infections (STI)
SSASGD young people
(03) 9479 8735