Youth-Focused Mental Health Workshop for SSAYGQ workers
Run by Orygen Youth Health, a specialised youth mental health service and internationally renowned research organisation, this 3 hour morning workshop aims to assist participants to gain a better understanding of early warning signs, as well as the opportunity to identify ways in which to assess and support a young person. The workshop will focus of five key areas of youth mental health:
1) Definition of mental health/illness
2) Signs/symptoms of mental illness (with specific focus on depression, anxiety disorders and psychosis)
3) Recognising and supporting young people who might be at risk of suicide
4) Information, resources and referral pathways
5) Strategies to promote help-seeking behaviour in young people
Morning tea provided!